Thursday, March 29, 2007

that jeepney reminds me of something

whatever jeepney i ride within the campus, it never fails to remind me of one place i have been missing most- my kindergarten school (Christian Child Care Learning Center). i get so nostalgic everytime i pass my old playground where i used to hang on monkey bars and swing as high as i could. wish i could bring back the old times. *sighs* i remember that weird-shaped church where we had our graduation. i was so innocent back then. i even just realized that my school was within up campus during the first days of my freshman year. i'm really stupid, i know. but you can't blame me. i'm just a small kid before and i haven't had much of a photographic memory to remember everything.
during that 5-second passing in the vivinity of my kindergarten, i imagine black-and-white images from my childhood flashing back to me. i remember my math lessons where i used to sit right beside my gay friend. we used to sit on the floor where a lot of masking tape was stuck on the floor. even when i was a child, i found it peculiar to see such strips of sticcky things on the floor. my gay friend, due to some sheer luck, is already one of my friendster acquaintances. haha. odd and sweet.=)
just this sememster, i happened to meet my old bestfriend again in a very fashionable way. i was riding the ikot jeep that afternoon, and it happened that i was bragging (yet again) that my kindergarten school stands inside up. and one girl started talking to me out of the blue, asking if am honey. (no one uses that nickname besides my kindergarten classmates and my family) and so i was surprised. it was kaye! it was my old best friend! she's studying at upis at the moment. and she would be studyingat uplb for college. funny how destiny works.=)
how could i forget our white shirt and pink shorts uniform? and my first enemy of all time! KIMBERLY! haha. i could remember how we made up our own girl gangs and threw each other endless teases. hahaha. and oh! how caould i forget my ever-pacute pose in our first class picture. seeing that picture makes me want to vomit all of the sudden.=p
i remember everything like it was yesterday. my mom fetched me after classes and we rode the same philcoa jeepneys roaming about the up campus today. i never had the chance to meet jolibee when i was a child and so my mom used to treat me in the typical turo-turo restaurant where i happily ate dinuguan and pusit. hahaha. i'm so happy thinking about these thoughts.=)
fun.fun.fun.
time really flies so fast. one time i was riding the see saw and all of the sudden, i was lining up for one semester worth of enrolment.
i would have given anything, just anything, to be able to experience being a child again. carefree. happy. and innocent.
sweet life it is. it only allows such experiences once in a lifetime. we should really enjoy everything when we still have it. because our life neither dwells in the past nor the future. life is the moment we are living now. enjoy.
goodbye memories. hello today.

No comments: